Front Desk Hours:
Business Office Hours:
RA Duty Phone:
Come for a Tour
or Any Other Day
Just give us a call at
|What are the consequences and symptoms of drugs and alcohol? Residents were well informed and after the event was over they got goodies and gift cards as rewards!
|In celebration of the end of March Madness Trop residents came together to watch the Men’s College Basketball Championship! Residents were able to guess the final score of the game and those closest won a prize! Go Tar Heels!
|Residents got the chance to get information from our wonderful UCPD about Deltopia. The Do’s and Dont’s plus they had the chance to question any questions about the law.
|Why go out on Deltopia weekend when you can hang with your super sweet RA? That was an option for 2nd floor Barbados and others who chose to spend a Friday night playing twister and other fun games instead of going out!
DUDE I Need A Truck
is a mobile app that connects you with Dudes + Trucks + Muscles. They have trusted, trained and verified Dudes who will load, secure your stuff in their pickup truck. The app allows you to get an instant quote before committing to ordering. No fine-print, no hassle. Just incredibly good service! Use promo code “College5” for 5% off your next move. Visit http://www.dudeineedatruck.com/download-dude/ to download the app.
|Picture Yourself at Tropicana Villas Next Year!
|Tropicana Villas, situated three blocks from UCSB, five blocks from the beach, and caters specifically to continuing students. Tropicana Villas provides independent apartment living while offering perks such as by-the-bed leasing (which alleviates individuals from being responsible for other tenants) and discounted rates at the Tropicana café, located one block away at Tropicana Gardens Residence Hall. Tropicana Villas apartments are fully furnished and the student community offers amenities such as a heated pool, on-site laundry, parking for sale, as well as access to all amenities at sister properties, Tropicana Gardens and Tropicana Del Norte, which includes 24-hour quiet study lounges, Cardio Room, Fitness Center, and a 27-seat movie theater.
Competition for IV apartment space can be fierce so it pays to plan ahead and get the apartment you want. Sign now through your MyTropAccount and save your spot for the 2017-2018 school year!
|Tips to Keep Trop Healthy
|1. Consider getting your flu shot: these are offered at local pharmacies like CVS and at Student Health on UCSB Campus.
2. Remember singing the ABC song twice while washing your hands in kindergarten? Now is the time to start singing again.
3. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water (especially before you eat). Carry a bottle of hand sanitizer with you.
4. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue if you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze into your elbow. Be conscious about not touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Don’t take a sip out of someone’s cup.
5. Keep a household disinfectant like Lysol or Clorox wipes on hand and use them to clean your doorknobs, remote controls, phones, keyboards etc.
6. Don’t cuddle up to your BFF if they are ill! Symptoms of the flu include fever, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, chill and fatigue. Keep your distance and show your love by running errands for them.
For more information about the flu:
For more information about the stomach flu:
Use Your Talents to Chronicle Your Experiences at SBCC or UCSB!
Do you love blogging? Do you enjoy telling others about your experiences? If you answered “YES!” to either of these questions, we would love to hear from you! Trop is looking for a resident who will write a blog about their Tropicana, UCSB or SBCC experiences. Payment is $20 per published blog. If you are interested, please write a sample blog and send it to Brendan Langley at email@example.com.